Family Sponsorship/Immigration

Helping Reunite Families

Permanent residents and U.S. citizens have the right to petition the government for permanent residency for their foreign family members. In this case, you may only sponsor your immediate family members (your spouse, your child who is under 21 years old, or an unmarried child who is over 21 and unmarried). If your family member is not considered an immediate relative, then their application will be considered using the preference categories below. The procedure can be quite complex and confusing, but with the help of our staff, we can help you simplify the process.

If you are a citizen of the United States, you may be able to sponsor:

  • Your parents
  • Your unmarried children who are 21 years of age and over (1st preference)
  • Your unmarried child under the age of 21 (2nd preference)
  • Your married children (3rd preference)
  • Your siblings and their families (4th preference)

There are a limited number of visas available per year, and it may take years until one is available for your relative.

Results-Oriented Counsel

We understand the desire to have your family members join you here in the U.S. With the help of one of our counselors, you may be able to obtain residency for your loved ones. Navigating the laws of family-based immigration can be difficult without the help. Our experienced and compassionate legal team is here to walk you through the process.